致上海交通大学全体研究生的信（A Letter to All Graduate Students of Shanghai Jiao Tong University）
3、对于拟于2020 年3 月申请学位的研究生的论文答辩、申请学位、论文归档等的截止时间，研究生院将根据新的开学时间作相应的调整。
A Letter to All Graduate Students of Shanghai Jiao Tong University
Dear graduate students of SJTU,
Shanghai Jiao Tong University has decided upon and announced the postponement of the opening of the 2020 spring semester to prevent and control the spread of the novel coronavirus, and required that ALL SJTU students NOT to return to the university in advance. And here are relevant issues in graduate education at SJTU with regard to postponement in the start of the new semester, for your notice.
1. The university has decided that the start of the 2020 spring semester is postponed and the exact date will be announced later. Schedules for graduate course re-selection, grade review, undergraduate students taking graduate courses in advance, and time for exchange students to select auditing courses will be rearranged accordingly with the new semester starting date, and therefore, be notified later, after the new semester starting date is announced.
2. In cases of extension, resumption, and completion of graduate study that should have been applied and handled during the epidemic prevention and control period, deadlines will be extended accordingly with the postponement of the spring semester starting date. These applications will be accepted and handled after the official start of the spring semester.
3. For graduate students who intend to apply for a degree in March 2020, deadlines for thesis defense, application for a degree, and the filing of the thesis will be rearranged accordingly with the new semester start.
4. We insist that SJTU students shall be on high of this epidemic and for your own as well as your family’s good health, please keep away from gatherings and unnecessary mobility. It is suggested that you maintain regular contact with your supervisors distantly and conduct your academic work under remote guidance from your supervisors, while exercising properly and keeping fit.
5. Before the official start of the spring semester, all teaching activities will be paused, and no students from other universities, college or schools will be allowed to come to SJTU for study or exchange. SJTU graduate students that are already on campus at this time must take adequate precaution while conducting research.
All graduate students, please report your personal whereabouts and relevant information, as requested by the university, to your supervisors and schools/departments. In case of special occasions or emergency, please contact them immediately. We also advise graduate students to provide good will, help and care to your fellow students coming from central epidemic areas. Should you have any questions, please contact your school/department’s staff for graduate education at any time. You are also welcome to contact the Graduate School at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you very much for your understanding, cooperation and support.
Shanghai Jiao Tong University